||AFS Biofarm™ is a microalgae cultivation farm which consists of
identical AFS Biounits™. In turn AFS Biounits™
are made of identical AFS PBR Modules™ which in turn consist of proprietary photobioreactors.
Production capacity of the farm ranges from 10 to 100 million gallons of algal oil per year.
To give you a better picture of the farm the following are the specs of a typical AFS Biounit™:
- annual production capacity - 10 million US gallons of algal oil and 100,000 tonnes of algal cake;
- capital cost - USD35 million;
- footprint - 500 acres;
- useful life - 12 years;
- volume - 500 million liters (water is continuously recycled);
- annual amount of sequestered carbon dioxide (CO2) - 250,000 tonnes;
- annual amount of produced and collected oxygen (O2) - over 100,000 tonnes.
The following image is a schematic drawing of AFS Biofarm™ with production capacity of 50 million
gallons of algal oil per year.